Insight has avoided major impact from Covid19 and we will work to continue that good fortune. Most people who fall sick with COVID-19 will experience mild to moderate symptoms and recover without special treatment but we all know it can be worse for some and the unstated risk is that larger disruption to health systems can follow.
NSW hot spot Updates – we want you to know where an outbreak may be so you can avoid being a spreader or a victim. Tell us if you go to these places by calling 9215 1613. These two NSW Govt webpages have the current list.
- Act Now – serious infections require prompt action. See the list here.
- Watch out – be more conscious of symptoms. A separate list of places https://www.nsw.gov.au/covid-19/latest-news-and-updates#latest-covid-19-case-locations-in-nsw
Govt Advice and Sites
There is a lot to read. If you think our summary needs adjustment tell us by calling Lee.
Australian Govt Health advice
Australian Dept of Health
Call at any time for advice. 1800 020 080
If any symptoms arise, you should stay home or go home until a test is clear or clear after 14 days.
If you are at home or asked to stay there, we can do help you work from there. Even if you don’t like the idea use our checklist to prepare for that possibility. There is some paid leave available for specific circumstances.
Things you can do beyond mask, hands and distancing. Please wear a mask on the way to and from work.
- When you are unwell you must act to help yourself and your family or contacts.
- You must tell us of illness, infection, testing and if you go to specific hot-spots so we can prevent further infection.
- You must tell family/household members so they can act and you must seek government advice.
- Be ready to isolate when needed.
- Consider getting a test if in doubt.
What Insight Does
At work and in the building we do the following:
- Free masks
- Hand sanitiser
- Surface cleaning
- Visitor screening
- Temperature taking
- Social distances
- Daily updates
Most common symptoms: Get advice and tell family. 1800 020 080 for advice.
- dry cough
Less common symptoms: See a doctor immediately.
- aches and pains
- sore throat
- loss of taste or smell
- a rash on skin, or discolouration of fingers or toes
Serious symptoms: you need to be in hospital.
- difficulty breathing or shortness of breath
- chest pain or pressure
- loss of speech or movement